Our collection, use, disclosure, and processing of personal information about visitors to our site will vary depending upon the circumstances. This privacy notice is intended to describe our overall privacy and data protection practices. In some cases, different or additional notices about our data collection and processing practices may be provided and apply to our processing of certain personal information.
SECTION 1 – WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information, we collect in various ways, including:
- To Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- To Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- To Understand and analyze how you use our website
- To Develop new services, features, and functionality
- To Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- To Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
SECTION 2 – OUR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, we collect your personal information on a voluntary basis. However, if you decline to provide certain personal information that is marked mandatory, you may not be able to access certain Services or we may be unable to fully respond to your inquiry.
Personal information that we collect and process will vary depending upon the circumstances. We collect personal information directly from visitors, automatically related to the use of the Services, for example, some of the ways we collect information are as follows:
Information we collect directly. We collect information that you provide to us, such as:
- when you provide your contact information, and send other personal information to us;
- when you contact us using the contact form.
If you revoke your consent for the processing of Personal Information, then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
You may, of course, decline to submit information through our website, in which case we may not be able to provide related services to you.
SECTION 3 – HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
While the purposes for which we may process personal information will vary depending upon the circumstances, in general we use personal information for the purposes set forth below.
- Providing support and services: including, for example, to provide services you request (and send related information), operate Lansing Christian School; to communicate with you about your access to and use of our services; to respond to your inquiries; to provide troubleshooting, fulfil your requests and provide technical support; and for other customer service and support purposes.
- Analyzing and improving our business: including to better understand how users access and use Lansing Christian School, to evaluate and improve our services and business operations, and to develop new features, offerings, and services; to conduct surveys, and other evaluations, such as user satisfaction surveys; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Personalizing content and experiences: including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, and referrals; tailor content we send or display on Lansing Christian School; to offer customization and personalized help and instructions; and to otherwise personalize your experiences.
- Advertising, marketing and promotional purposes: including to reach you with more relevant ads and to evaluate, measure, and improve the effectiveness of our ad campaigns; to send you newsletters, offers, or other information we think may interest you; to contact you about Lansing Christian School or information we think may interest you;
- Defending our legal rights: including to manage and respond to actual and potential legal disputes and claims, and to otherwise establish, defend or protect our rights or interests, including in the context of anticipated or actual litigation with third parties.
- Complying with legal obligations: including to comply with the law, our legal obligations and legal process, such warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and regulatory or law enforcement requests.
SECTION 4 – DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose the personal information that we collect about you as set forth below or as otherwise described at the time of collection or sharing.
- Service providers: We may disclose personal information with third-party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as hosting providers, instructors, advisors, consultants, and customer service and support providers.
- Business transfers: We may disclose or transfer personal information as part of any actual or contemplated merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition, financing or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy or similar event, including related to due diligence conducted prior to such event where permitted by law.
- Legally required: We may disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law (e.g., to law enforcement, courts or others, e.g., in response to a subpoena or court order).
- Protect our rights: We may disclose personal information where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients and customers or others.
SECTION 5 – COOKIES
Cookies are small text files that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes collect information about your usage of websites, such as time spent on the websites, pages visited, language preferences, and other anonymous traffic data.
If you have disabled one or more cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies before your disabled preference was set. However, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
SECTION 6 – LOG FILES
Most browsers collect certain information, such as your IP address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. This information is gathered automatically and stored in log files.
SECTION 7 – THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS TOOLS
Analytics Tools uses performance cookies to track user’s interactions. For example, by using cookies, they can tell us which pages our users view, which are most popular, what time of day our website is visited, whether visitors have been to our website before, what website referred the visitor to our website, and other similar information. All of this information is anonymized.
SECTION 8 – SECURITY
We use technical, administrative, and physical controls in place to help protect Personal information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. Even so, despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable.
SECTION 9 – DO NOT SELL MY DATA
SECTION 10 – DATA RETENTION
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
SECTION 11 – HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Our security measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
SECTION 12 – LOCATION OF SITE
Our Website is hosted on SiteGround and is operated by Lansing Christian School in Illinois, United States and all our website information is stored in SiteGround Servers in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States. If you are located in the European Union, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to and stored on this server. By using our Site, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
SECTION 13 – THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
SECTION 14- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If you have questions or concerns about this Policy, please contact us using the following contact information:
Lansing Christian School
3660 Randolph Street, Lansing, IL
Phone number: 708-474-1700
Updated: November 7, 2021